The AUA AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE
AUA Awards :
The AUA AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE acknowledges and promotes exemplary works of architecture in Africa as well as to honor architects for life achievements and their contribution to promote Africa’s architecture knowledge systems. It further encourages the profession’s development and role in the advancement of Africa’s built environment, raising awareness about the role of architects in the culturally diverse socio-economic life as well as the natural environment of the African continent.
The AUA AWARDS OF EXCELLENCE also intend to demonstrate that architecture is a significant resource in human development, and that spatial and physical development should be in harmony with its identity, its natural and cultural landscapes.
- COMMODITY - Asset value of structure to users and environment
- DELIGHT - Gratifying for end users
- FIRMNESS - Ensure structural integrity and resilient to the elements
- SUSTAINABILITY - Responsive to environmental concerns
- CULTURAL ADEQUACY - Receptive to socio-economic conditions
- HUMANE - Uphold the dignity of end users
- INCLUSIONARY - Cognizant of diverse abilities
Projects from member sections of the AUA aligned with AUA award categories mentioned above are invited to submit digital or hard copy entries for jury selection.Alternative 2: Peer-Nomination
Nominations can be solicited from, architects, academics, critics, professionals involved in cultural endeavors, etc. and with expertise and interest in the field of architecture.Jury
A jury is made up of proficient members of AUA member sections and external experts who examine all entries using equitable and transparent assessment processes to select shortlisted projects where member section awardees become automatic region nominees and regional awardees become automatic continent nominees.